Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Birthday Wish

Dear Birthday Claus,

As you well know, it's my birthday. Just like Dan Johnson, I'm turning 26 today. As I've been reminded numerous times already today, I'm now closer to 30 than I am to 20. That really doesn't put me in the celebrating mood. So I'm not going to ask for much this year. Maybe a nice dinner and a little sex with the wife (not necessarily in that order). Perhaps a case of beer. Nothing special. I don't even need a cake.

But there IS one thing I would like to request of you on my "special" day: That you'd not subject my mighty Oakland A's to another ass raping like the one I witnessed yesterday. Talk about a beat down. For the first time in a long time, I had to turn off the game. Don't ask me what happened after the fourth inning yesterday, 'cause I don't know. Well, I know I kicked one of my dogs (the Rottweiler, not the Bassett Hound) in frustration. And I know I said some pretty nasty things to my wife, but I have no idea what happened in the game. Vlad could have hit for two cycles. Macha could have been chewing his Juicy Fruit extra angrily. Beats me. I was watching Laguna Beach (The one where LC got drunk in Mexico and rode Stephen like a gaucho).

Our "ace" is going tonight. If he were to get shellacked the way Harden did yesterday, there's no way I could enjoy my day. I only get one of these a year. And since it's also my parents' anniversary today, I have to share my day. So if you would do me that favor, I'd greatly appreciate. And if you want to get me Madden '06 while you're at it, I won't stop you.

Sincerely,
Roman


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

I bet you still got shitty gifts.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. I enjoyed your site and will be back again!
I have a Wedding Photography Northampton site/blog. It pretty much covers Wedding Photography Northampton related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Drew914 said...

Happy Belated Birthday, hope you got something besides a sweater or two...

Thursday, August 11, 2005 6:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home